Tuesday, November 10, 2009

No More Miss Nice Rachael

I just had an hour and a half conversation with one of my mentors, and I have some things to say about myself.

I am a bad ass. Plain and simple.

I have a black belt in not one, but two forms of martial arts and I can break wood, cement, and watermelons with my bare hands. If a man ever tries to rape me, I know how to rip off his face and his testicles--not at the same time, but I'm sure I could work it out.

You might be wondering why I've taken such a strange turn in atmosphere and diction, but I can only reply that I've had a little bit of self realization tonight. I think the message of the great Transcendentalists has finally percolated into my brain--perhaps not in a way they would have imagined--but the substance of the matter is the same, nevertheless.

I am going to go out into the world now and do things that bad-asses do--things that I want to do, that is.

I encourage you all to do the same. Next time you are having a bad day and your self-esteem is low, just think of all the amazing things you've done--or have somebody you love tell you those things, for you. (That sentence is grammatically correct, promise.)

I'm going to write a paper. Then I'm going to direct a play. Then I'm going to conquer the freaking Amazon.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you to Mom, who enlightened me to my anatomically incorrect assertion about the male anatomy. I have changed "penis" to "testicles"--for it is to the latter I shall aim (if need be).

    ReplyDelete