Monday, November 16, 2009

It's War from here on out.

I presently find myself among the shrapnel and whizzing bullets of the concluding semester. It is at once a terrifying and masochistically exciting time, though the latter disposition may be a bit forced. (Thus, if I were to have a split personality, perhaps I would be both masochist and sadist to my own being...a disturbing thought I should promptly banish from the surface of my contemplation, lest this blog get ugly and disturbing.) Alas, I sigh and long for the day of blissful sugar cookies and sugar-plumb fairies. For the time being, I must arm myself in the battle attire of academia and feign sanity. I sit cross-legged in my warrior wigwam, emotionally naked before the fire of my laptop screen, save the painted marks hither and thither on my body of intellect, assumed to savagely bolster my energy to flow powerfully and with wild abandonment.

Soon, I shall close my eyes and fall into a deep river. A ruggedly hollowed canoe shall be my bed, and with crossed arms, I will descend in a cascade of water into my spring semester where I will hopefully find rest. Sweet rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment