Friday, September 4, 2009

The Name-Sake Of My Blog

For some reason, throughout my life there has been a strange, long lasting joke about me being a witch. I believe it started when I was nine years old, on the school bus. There was a boy that was picking on me (as boys so often do in elementary school), so I demonstrated my only means of intimidation at the time: I shook my eyes. Short, rapid, back and forth movements. It is a voluntary trick and I know several other people who can do it, but the little boy had never seen anything like it. He paled in complexion and mumbled something about me being a witch. For several weeks thereafter, I was referred to as "the witch" on my school bus. Many years later, my neighbor and I worked on a short film entitled "The Witch Next Door," and the year after that, I was cast as the Wicked Witch of the West in my high school's production of "The Wizard of Oz." I'm not quite why people get that impression from me. I have never successfully levitated anything, nor have I ever transfigured a hamster into a tea kettle. I do have an assortment of broom sticks, however, but that is merely because I enjoy sweeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment