Saturday, January 22, 2011

Confession #568

Over the weekend, I had a quick love affair with Sir Isaac Newton. I know it was wrong and, in many ways, I betrayed my professors of Theatre and English with my thoroughly un-artistic tryst, but before I graduated, I just wanted to experience and equal and opposite reaction. And it was quite a reaction. 3 and a half years of theatrical pushing resulted in an intensified wallop in the other direction. Physics. It has left me breathless. The most intriguing thing about Newty (as I now call him) was his theory of universal gravitation and how every body has mass and every body is somehow attracted to, and pulled to, one another. He showed me how a body at rest will remain at rest until acted upon by an outside force, and conversely, how a body in motion will stay in motion until acted upon by an outside force. It was weird and interesting. He also showed me his telescope. Then I wrote a paper about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment