Friday, December 24, 2010

I've decided...

I've decided that I am going to run away with a young sea captain with squinty eyes and sun-bleached hair and beard-stubble, and we're going to live on a house boat and sail the seven seas, catching things such as lobsters and conch for our meals and we'll wash it all down with tropical-punch Kool-aid and we'll see the entire world through salty-ocean-spray-lenses and our skin will turn into leather and we'll be somehow beyond human-half human, half fish -- because we'll spend approximately 33% of our time in the water, punching sharks in their stupid flat faces if they dare to come near, and every night I'll get to watch the stars from the deck of our house boat and I'll tattoo the night sky on my body with freckles and between my adaptation to the choppy terrain of the open sea and my shark-self-defense, I'll become so tough and strong that I'll be unrecognizable to my squishy self now that cries during the "Little Drummer Boy" song in a children's Christmas pageants.

No comments:

Post a Comment