Monday, January 18, 2010

I didn't proof read this because I almost passed out.

I'm here to give blood. Aren't I brave? Ha ha, here is my arm and here is my vein! Oh, not yet? I see there are many people here...lying on their backs...with their feet elevated. Isn't this fun? It--kinda smells like blood in here. There are bags...full of blood...over there. Oh wow, isn't that nice? Ha ha, I haven't had a piercing or a tattoo in the past year and I don't think I'm anemic but go a head and prick my finger if you want to--it's just a tiny little prick, after all...Ouch...oh...wow, that uh, that hurt more than I thought it would...

Pause.

No, I'm..fine...I'm just great...I'm going to give b-blood today and get one of those delicious oatmeal chip cookies...-So, how big is the uh the needle that you are going to stick in me? Stick in my arm...in my arm...? Ha ha, I'm just curious? Shouldn't be much bigger than the needle they used to check my iron at the family doctor, eh? (This is so cool, I'm so glad I can help save lives, you know?) Oh, it's bigger? The needle is? A lot bigger? Huh. Well, isn't that...spiffy. And you're going to stick it into my skin..? And, uh, into my vain, and I'm going to squeeze this foam ball over and over again so my heart will pump my..blood faster, while the needle wiggles in my flesh and my blood gets sucked out--warm and salty from inside my body--through this needle and into this jelly looking bag and I'll see it--I'll see my own blood in that bag in front of my eyes when it should be inside me where I can't see it, and I'll be able to smell it and feel it being sucked out of me and even if I want to run away from this place where I can smell the blood and feel the needle suck I won't be able to because I'll be connected to that thing and it will rip me open if I try and even more blood will spill, this-------------

No comments:

Post a Comment