Sunday, October 31, 2010

Epiphany of Lameness

I spent the last two hours washing dishes and scrubbing my stove, and I had the opportunity to be introspective. And I had tiny epiphanies about myself.

1. I haven't watched TV regularly since middle school. The sound of sitcom laugh tracks and intro music--sounds that have become merely background noises-- annoy me.

2. I read required texts for fun.

3. I can't think of a worse way to waste time than by watching cartoons.

4. I like being alone.

5. I hate card games.

6. I procrastinate by cleaning.

7. I can get distracted by something and end up spending hours micromanaging something that doesn't matter.

8. I get turned on by marginal notes.

9. I found myself birthday shopping for a friend on Amazon.com. I was about to buy him a grant writing book. In only stopped because I was inspired to write this blog.

And most importantly...

10. I'm really boring.

This is my public confession. I'm what kids now-a-days might call a "lame-ass." Putting profanity aside, I am bent on making this a positive observation. Maybe there are self-help books for boring people like myself. Maybe I can join a group of middle aged parents or retirees and learn how to play bingo or shuffleboard. It might put some spice in my life. I think I'll pencil that in.

No comments:

Post a Comment